What is Maharastra’s favorite drink??????
-Neer, Chaas, and Kokum Sherbat!
And as part of the IBL contest, we present to you our version of the Ideal Non-Alcoholic drink for Summers – Kokum Tai!
As the name suggests, Kokum Tai is our take on serving Kokum with a twist. With that bang which makes it ideal as a summer drink. Kokum or Garcinia Indica has a cooling tendency on the body. Very popular in west Indian households, rich in Vitamin C, it is part of almost all meals and preparation.
So here is what you need to have to make Kokum Tai at home.
Ready in: 5-10 mins
- Kokum Syrup
- Lime Cordial
- Mint (pudina) leaves
- Lots of Ice
- Soda Water
The method is simple, quick and clean.
- Take about 45 ml of Kokum syrup in a mixing glass or a strainer if you have one.
- Add to this about 5 ml of lime cordial or lemon juice.
- Add mint leaves to this mixture and muddle using a long spoon or a thin ladle.
- Take a rock glass, fill it with crushed ice.
- Pour the kokum mixture over the ice and top it up with Soda water.
- Garnish with Mint leaves and Orange slide.
That’s it, enjoy the summer with cool Kokum Tai! Do comment about how you like the drink :-)